'Jesus' Met His Wife on a Blind Date - One2One Magazine's Countdown Of 20 Momentous Blind Dates of All Time
The words ÂBlind DateÂ conjure negative emotions faster than Siegfried and RoyÂs nibbling tiger. While many blind date stories are better left untold, there are others that are compelling enough to justify giving the bloodcurdling dating ritual another chance.
(PRWEB) December 27, 2004
Since the beginning of time, the institution of marriage has depended on matchmakers getting two people to meet on a date without a formal introduction. They may not have been called matchmakers, but regardless of title, they became cupidÂs little helpers as soon as they uttered those dreadful words ÂI've got someone you need to meet.Â One2One Magazine -- the leading singles magazine reveals the momentous blind dates of all time.
Included are the following:
1.Marilyn Monroe met husband, Yankee Clipper Joe DiMaggio on a blind date set up by friend, David March.
2. Sonny met Cher on a blind date set up by friends.
3. Collin Powell met his wife Alma on a bind date, theyÂve been married for forty-two years.
4. Oprah Winfrey was introduced to longtime boyfriend Stedman Graham by her agent.
5. Michelle Pfeiffer met her husband, David E. Kelly former Chicago attorney turn TV God, on a blind date.
6. Eileen, a Los Angeles schoolteacher who lived in Watts, ran a personal ad looking for one good man, and billionaire Software Mogul Peter Norton, the inventor of the Norton anti-virus program came knocking on her door.
7. David Hamilton, heir of the $35 billion oil conglomerate married $200-a-week secretary, Julia Koch after meeting on a blind date.
8. Elvis met his first girlfriend, Anita Wood on a blind date at the skating rink.
9. Basket ball hottie, Grant Hill was set up on a blind date with Tamia by R&B legend Anita Baker.
10. Rob Lowe married makeup artist, Sheryl Berkoff, who he met on a blind date.
11. Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro met on a blind date set up by friends.
12. James Caviezel, the actor who played Jesus in MelÂs GibsonÂs Passion of the Christ, met his wife, Kerri, a school teacher on a blind date.
13. Richard Gere was set up with Carey Lowell on blind date by his friend interior decorator Sharon Simonaire.
14. Madonna and Guy Ritchie met at a dinner thrown by StingÂs Wife.
15. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston met through their agents.
16. Love match between Pete Sampras and wife Bridgette Wilson was made when they were set up on a blind date by his pal John Black, an exec for the L. A. Lakers who called him with her cell number.
17. The King of Queens, Kevin James, met his wife model Steffiana De La Cruz on a blind date.
18. Cindy Margolis and her husband, restaurateur, Guy Starkman met on a Blind Date.
19. Bob Bryan met JoAnna Garcia (Reba, Boston Public, Party of Five.) a good friend of Garcia's mother, after a few e-mails they went on a blind-date lunch that led to a relationship.
20. Rush Limbaugh met his third wife, Martha Fitzgerald, online via CompuServe; does that make him an online dating original?
This article appears in the current issue of One2One Magazine, and may be reposted without any changes and the following credit.
Visit www. One2OneMagazine. com today:
One2One magazine is a sexy, entertaining, practical and sophisticated printed guide that takes the world of information about style, fashion, travel, relationships, entertainment, electronics, humor plus the energy of the singles culture and make it exciting for hard to reach affluent sole decision makers and influencers looking for alternatives to the meat market. Every resource that makes the single life fun and exciting is included: the trends, the events, the shows, humor, relevant news and the most exciting personalities and celebrities.
# # #