Time for a Cross-Country Skiing Adventure With Your Dog? DogFriendly. com Announces Its Top Ten Cross Country Ski Resorts That Welcome Your Pooch
According to DogFriendly. com Maine and Colorado have the most Dog-friendly cross country ski resorts. Bretton Woods Mountain Resort in New Hampshire and McGuires Resort in Michigan top the list of resorts that allow dogs.
Pollock Pines, CA (PRWEB) March 1, 2005
Do you want to go cross country skiing but don't want to leave your pup at home? Or does your dog give you that depressed look when you return from the snow without them? Well, now you don't have to leave your dog at home to visit some of the nations best cross country skiing areas. DogFriendly. com, which finds places to go with your dog throughout the United States and Canada, has put together a list of the top 10 dog-friendly cross country ski resorts. All of these resorts allow you to rent skis at the site of the trails and some of them also have pet-friendly lodging at the same location. DogFriendly. com's list of the top 10 dog-friendly ski resorts are -
1. Bretton Woods Mountain Resort, New Hampshire: 8 kilometers of groomed trails for dogs and on-site fido-friendly lodging at the Bretton Arms Country Inn. Dogs need to be leashed on the trails and at the resort.
2. McGuires Resort, Michigan: Dogs allowed on all 10 kilometers of groomed trails and on-site pet-friendly lodging at the McGuires Resort.
3. Bear Notch Ski Touring Center, New Hampshire: Dogs allowed on most of the over 40 kilometers of groomed trails. Dog can be off-leash if under voice control.
4. Carter's X-C Ski Center, Oxford and Bethel, Maine: Dogs allowed at both centers which each have over 40 kilometers of groomed trails. Dogs can be off-leash if under voice control.
5. Tamarack Resort Nordic Center, Idaho: Dogs allowed on all of the 22 kilometers of groomed trails. Dogs can be off-leash if under voice control.
6. Jackson Hole Nordic Center, Wyoming: Dogs allowed on almost half of the 17 kilometers of groomed trails. Dogs can be off-leash if under voice control.
7. Craftsburg Outdoor Center, Vermont: Dogs allowed on two groomed 7 kilometer loop trails that go around the lake. Dogs can be off-leash if under voice control.
8. Devils Thumb Resort, Colorado: Dogs allowed on a special 8 to 10 kilometer groomed trail. Dogs need to be leashed on the trails and at the resort.
9. Flagstaff Nordic Center, Arizona: Dogs are welcome on the 5.7 kilometer Skijoring Trail. Dogs need to be on a leash or harness.
10. Bethel Inn and Country Club, Maine: Dogs allowed on a 2 kilometer groomed trail and on-site pet-friendly lodging at the Bethel Inn and Country Club. Dogs can be off-leash if under voice control.
DogFriendly. com lists nearly 50 pet-friendly cross country ski resorts in 17 states. The states with the most dog-friendly cross country ski resorts on the list are Maine, with 9, and Colorado with 7. All of these resorts rent skis on the premises and some have pet-friendly lodging on site.
DogFriendly. com, founded in 1998, offers a free web site of dog-friendly places and publishes paperback books including "DogFriendly. com's United States and Canada Dog Travel Guide". The books are available at a bookstore near you or online at http://www. dogfriendly. com (http://www. dogfriendly. com).