Disney On Ice presents Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 3 Takes #1 Movie in the World to the Ice
Cutting Edge Projection Technology Takes Audiences to the Edge of their Seats and Beyond in High-Energy Live Ice Spectacular
Vienna, VA (Vocus) June 23, 2010 ––
Toy Story 3, the record-breaking #1 movie in the world, is so hot it’s cool as everyone’s favorite toys take to the ice in Disney On Ice (http://www. disneyonice. com) presents Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 3! An award-winning creative team and a cast of world-class skaters are bringing Woody, the pull-string cowboy; space ranger Buzz Lightyear; Jessie, the yodeling cowgirl; and the rest of the gang to fans and families around the country in this brand-new live ice spectacular produced by Feld Entertainment. This fast-paced and witty tale of friendship launches a 2-year, 75-city North American tour on September 3rd in Lakeland, FL.
To enhance this live experience, the production will feature state-of-the-art projection design, allowing adults and children alike to virtually shrink down as Andy’s room is transformed from human to toy-sized. Families are whisked away, reliving iconic moments from Toy Story and Toy Story 2 before they embark on the brand-new adventure of Toy Story 3. This innovative 3D technology, a first for any Disney On Ice show, blends four separate images into one massive 3D projection using the entire ice surface to create oversized effects and scenic elements, altering the audience’s perception of scale. Memorable scenes take on a new life as a pinball machine of monumental proportion is created at Pizza Planet, with the massive pinball table projected onto the ice and the score board on the stage behind it. This perspective, among many others throughout the show, reinforces the audience’s experience as a toy-sized spectator.
“An award-winning team of artists, designers and technicians are redefining the theatre of ice with a show that challenges the audience’s perception of scale,” says Producer Nicole Feld. “Disney On Ice presents Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 3 is Feld Entertainment’s most innovative show ever.”
Disney On Ice presents Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 3 begins as Andy prepares for college and is deciding the fate of his favorite childhood pals. Woody reminds the gang that they are still Andy’s toys and they reminisce over their many adventures as Buzz Lightyear defeats Evil Emperor Zurg; Woody meets up with Jessie on the set of their TV show, “Woody’s Roundup”; and Slinky Dog, Rex, Bullseye, Hamm, Barbie, and everyone’s favorite spuds -- Mr. Potato Head and Mrs. Potato Head -- keep the audience laughing with their comedic antics. This unforgettable troupe of toys takes matters into their own hands when they find themselves trapped at Sunnyside Daycare and at the mercy of some rambunctious toddlers. A toy box full of new faces, led by Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear, temporarily detains them, but thanks to Woody, they devise a plan to get back home again. A hilarious and daring escape mission ensues as the gang endures a comical series of mishaps to ensure that “no toy gets left behind.”
“Disney On Ice presents Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 3 is the only place where you can experience the excitement and adventure of Toy Story 3 and the defining character moments of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 right in your hometown,” says Producer Kenneth Feld. “We’re bringing families the ultimate Toy Story experience in a sensational live production.”
Bringing toys to life is no easy feat and to make the world of Toy Story transition to the ice, Kenneth Feld and Nicole Feld assembled a team of industry experts, including:
- Patty Vincent (Director) – Directed numerous Feld Entertainment ice and stage shows including Disney On Ice presents Let’s Celebrate! and Playhouse Disney Live!; began her career at Feld Entertainment as a skater 26 years ago, and has advanced in the company to become Character Development Director for all touring Disney On Ice and Disney Live! productions
- Jerry Bilik (Creative Director and Writer) – Creative team member of every Disney On Ice show throughout its 30-year history; arranged music for a number of television series, including “Starsky & Hutch” and “Charlie’s Angels”
- Cindy Stuart (Choreographer) – Collaborated with Olympic Gold Medalist Robin Cousins on multiple projects; choreographed for World and Olympic Champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, Olympic Champions Jamie Salé and David Pelletier, Olympic Champion Katarina Witt and World Champion Brian Orser; lead choreographer for several Disney On Ice productions, including Disney On Ice presents Let’s Celebrate! and Disney’s High School Musical: The Ice Tour
- Joe Stewart (Scenic Designer) – Designed scenery for many television shows, including “Friends,” the “2007 American Music Awards®” show, the “Ellen DeGeneres Show” and “The 59th Primetime Emmy Awards®” show; has worked in television for 28 years and has won three Primetime Emmys® for production design
- Scott Lane (Costume Designer) – Credits include Disney On Ice presents a Disneyland Adventure and Disney Live! Mickey’s Rockin’ Road Show; seven-time costume designer for the Tournament of Roses Parade; designed couture for Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra instrumentalists and performers in the musicals Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, Crazy for You, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and The Will Rogers Follies
- Alex Reardon (Lighting Designer) – Lighting designer for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Barnum’s FUNundrum®; designed concert lighting for artists including the Dixie Chicks, LeAnn Rimes, Motley Crue and Paul Simon; created lighting for the premieres of motion pictures The Hulk and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- Nestor Correa (Video Designer) – Has more than 25 years of broadcast, animation and advertising design experience; created promotional campaigns for Univision, NBC, Telemundo and Mercedes-Benz; director of multimedia and animation for Feld Entertainment
Disney On Ice presents Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 3 will entertain audiences in more than 30 U. S. cities through May 2011, including Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia and the New York City area. After its debut season, the show will tour the West Coast in 2011-2012 before traveling overseas in the fall of 2012.
Disney On Ice presents Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 3 is just one of the many Feld Entertainment productions touring the globe in 2010-2011. Additional productions playing North America beginning this fall include Disney On Ice presents Mickey & Minnie’s Magical Journey, Disney On Ice presents Let’s Celebrate!, Disney On Ice presents Princess Classics, Disney On Ice presents Princess Wishes, Disney Live! Mickey’s Rockin’ Road Show and Disney Live! presents Mickey’s Magic Show. With a growing roster of more than 30 Disney On Ice and Disney Live! spectaculars, Feld Entertainment brings the magic of Disney On Ice and Disney Live! to fans all over the world.
To find out more about Disney On Ice and to purchase tickets, visit www. disneyonice. com], or visit us on Facebook (http://www. facebook. com/DisneyonIce) or YouTube (http://www. youtube. com/Disneyonice).
ABOUT FELD ENTERTAINMENT
Feld Entertainment is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year. Feld Entertainment’s productions have appeared in more than 70 countries on six continents and include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Feld Motor Sports, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.
For more information, members of the media should visit the Press Room at www. feldentertainment. com/toystory3 (http://www. feldentertainment. com/toystory3).
ABOUT DISNEY•PIXAR’S TOY STORY 3
In theaters now, TOY STORY 3 welcomes Woody (voice of TOM HANKS), Buzz (voice of TIM ALLEN) and the whole gang back to the big screen as Andy prepares to depart for college and his loyal toys find themselves in… daycare! These untamed tots with their sticky little fingers do not play nice, so it’s all for one and one for all as plans for the great escape get underway. A few new faces—some plastic, some plush—join the adventure, including iconic swinging bachelor and Barbie’s counterpart Ken (voice of MICHAEL KEATON), a thespian hedgehog named Mr. Pricklepants (voice of TIMOTHY DALTON) and a pink, strawberry-scented teddy bear called Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear (voice of NED BEATTY). Directed by Lee Unkrich (co-director of “Toy Story 2” and “Finding Nemo”), produced by Pixar veteran Darla K. Anderson ("Cars," "Monsters, Inc."), and written by Academy Award®-winning screenwriter Michael Arndt (“Little Miss Sunshine”), TOY STORY 3 is a comical new adventure in Disney Digital 3D™.