Family Travel Forum Announces "Top 10 (Cheap) Getaways for Family Travelers" Awards
Family vacation experts honor cheap vacations that consistently deliver the best value, during this recession or any time.
New York, NY (Vocus) December 19, 2008
Family Travel Forum (FTF), the leading publisher of family vacation and travel websites, congratulates the winners of its 11th annual "Top 10 Getaways” awards. For 2008, FTF editors searched beyond the “Sale” signs to find hospitality and travel companies that are always committed to value, offering families a budget vacation, with or without an economic crisis.
FTF’s Top 10 (Cheap) Getaways for Family Travelers (http://www. familytravelforum. com/what/award_winners/12965-Top-Cheap-Getaways-for-Family-Travelers-2008.html) range from a nationwide child-friendly campground chain to a tropical island paradise and majestic ski slopes. No matter how different, the Top 10 (Cheap) Getaway award winners raise the bar for family vacations by delivering friendly service, shared experiences and innovative amenities without breaking a parent's piggybank.
FTF honors these 2008 winners for providing family travelers with consistent value.
Top 10 (Cheap) All-Inclusive Getaway
- Divi Caribbean Resorts - Tamarijn Aruba, Aruba. A beachfront all-inclusive where kids under 18 stay free all year long.
Top 10 (Cheap) Ski Getaways
- Lake Tahoe, Nevada and California. World-class terrain, snow and weather with prices that locals can afford.
- Western White Mountains, New Hampshire. The pristine environment, cozy cottages and lift ticket prices of a bygone era.
Top 10 (Cheap) Cruise Getaway'
- Carnival Freedom, Florida. An affordable first-timer's Caribbean cruise has been tailor-made for families by the funships crew.
Top 10 (Cheap) Reunion Getaways
- Crystal Coast, North Carolina. It's 50% cheaper than the Outer Banks and boasts huge oceanfront homes for your clan.
- Asilomar Conference Grounds, California. This landmarked Arts & Crafts style retreat serves three meals during multigenerational bonding.
Top 10 (Cheap) Hotel Chain Getaways
- Premier Inn, Europe. This group blankets the U. K. with family rooms for just US$75 per night and a cheap breakfast option.
- Candlewood Suites, US. They smartly offer kitchens, free laundry and sofabeds, just like home, at an average $72 per night.
Top 10 (Cheap) Campground Getaways
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resorts, US & Canada. "Bear-Bones" cabins for six begin at $80 and lots of activities make going green fun.
- Eurocamp, Europe. With choices from $6 per night kids' tents to furnished cottages and waterparks, these glamorous parks are a steal.
"For 10 years, many families using FTF's custom trip-planning service have told us the budget for their perfect vacation is 'whatever it takes,'" says publisher John Manton. "This is the year it should take less, and with FTF's Top 10 (Cheap) Getaways winners, it will." To read more about this year's winners, see [http://www. familytravelforum. com/what/award_winners/12965-Top-Cheap-Getaways-for-Family-Travelers-2008.html (http://www. familytravelforum. com/what/award_winners/12965-Top-Cheap-Getaways-for-Family-Travelers-2008.html)] "Family Travel Forum's Top 10 (Cheap) Getaways for Family Travelers".