Hunting for Cupid at Gaylord Opryland
Family fun and prizes, plus romantic options for couples this Valentine's Day
Nashville, Tenn. (Vocus) January 14, 2010
The Great Race for Cupid will be underway Valentine's Day, 2010, for families who are staying at Gaylord Opryland Resort (http://www. gaylordopryland. com) in Nashville, Tenn. Valentine's Day is often thought of as a day for couples, but this year families are also invited to spend the holiday on a chase for the sometimes elusive cherub of love—Cupid.
An early check in, before noon, begins The Great Race for Cupid on February 13, 2010. Then families will meet at 1 p. m. to acquire race instructions and begin the hunt which will take them all around the magnificent resort, which includes 4 million square feet with waterfalls and gardens, all under one roof. The race will include 8 different activities ranging from the Wii Competition to the Scavenger Hunt for Cupid. Prizes will be awarded to the 10 families earning the most points during The Great Race for Cupid, with one Grand Prize consisting of a two night stay in a Gaylord Opryland suite, and tickets (4) to all events at the world-famous A Country Christmas in 2010.
The Great Race for Cupid ends at 5:30 p. m. and an awards ceremony with cookie decorating and milk will be held at 7:30 that night. The package also includes tickets to ride the resort's famous indoor Delta River Flatboats. Package rates start at $149* per family (up to 4 occupants) for the night of Feb. 13, extra room nights can be added to the package for either Feb. 12 or Feb. 14 as low as $109 plus tax and resort fee.
Other Valentine's package options at Gaylord Opryland include:
- Remember Romance - Remember to celebrate romance at all Gaylord Hotels in February. This offer is good during the entire month of February and begins at $269 per couple, including parking and resort fee, plus tax. Two night packages are also available. It includes a luxurious guestroom at Gaylord Opryland Resort and a chilled bottle of Champagne* complimented by strawberries that will be delivered upon arrival. Plus, enjoy breakfast for two, 20% off select services at Relâche Spa and complimentary admission to Fuse nightclub and Wildhorse Saloon for package guests. *21 and older only. Non-alcoholic substitute available.
- Romantic Memories Package - Celebrate the most romantic day of the year with a memorable vacation getaway for you and your loved one. Upon arrival, a bottle of chilled champagne* will be delivered to your room for a toast to the two of you. As darkness falls, enjoy a beautiful evening cruise on one of our indoor Delta River Flatboats. Enjoy two complimentary beverages in any Gaylord Opryland lounge, including Fuse nightclub. Return to your beautifully appointed room to find your bed turned down and a gourmet chocolate on your pillow. Awake the next day to a luxurious breakfast in bed. Then, savor a long and leisurely morning and an unhurried 3 p. m. late check-out and take your surprise memento gift with you. Free valet parking is also included and each guest also receives a Gaylord Opryland VIP Coupon Book, valued at more than $250. The Romantic Memories Package is available year round and begins at only $341 per couple plus tax. *21 and older only. Non-alcoholic substitute available.
To Book any of the above Valentine's Day offers**: please call 1-888-999-OPRY or book online now **Resort fee and taxes included. For Atrium Garden view additional. Rate subject to change without notice. Restrictions and blackout dates apply.
Other Valentine's Day entertainment options:
- Romance on the River - Hop on the free shuttle from Gaylord Opryland Resort to head to the General Jackson Showboat Feb. 13 or 14, 2010 for Romance on the River. Board the nation's largest and most beautiful showboat at for a romantic evening with a delicious four course dinner followed by dancing to sounds of the Craig Duncan Band. Be sure to take a stroll under the moonlight on the outer decks. Named by the Tennessean as one of the best places to kiss in Nashville. Buy tickets online here: http://www. generaljackson. com/site/valentines-cruise. aspx (http://www. generaljackson. com/site/valentines-cruise. aspx).
- Heartthrob Rick Springfield at The World-famous Wildhorse Saloon - Rick Springfield returns on-demand to spend another Valentine's Day with his fans at the World-Famous Wildhorse Saloon in downtown Nashville. With a career in rock and acting that spans several decades, Springfield is hotter than ever on stage and sells out each time he sings at the Wildhorse. Live concerts with Rick Springfield will be held Feb. 13 and 14, 2010. For more information, please call 615-902-8211 or visit http://www. wildhorsesaloon. com (http://www. wildhorsesaloon. com). Hotel packages at Gaylord Opryland also available.
- Relâche Spa - Look and feel more romantic after a visit to Tennessee's largest and most luxurious spa, where all February “express” treatments from the Wellness You Can Feel collection are buy 2 get 1 FREE. The treatments are $45* each. Options include: Back, Neck, Shoulder Massage;
ABOUT GAYLORD OPRYLAND NASHVILLE
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center – the largest non-gaming in-hotel facility in the continental United States – is known for providing superior products and services to the meetings and convention industry as well as unsurpassed entertainment, vacation packages and dining for leisure travelers. Winner of numerous prestigious awards including the coveted Gold Key Elite Award in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009 and Gold Platter Elite in 2004, 2005 and 2006, as well as a nine-time winner of Southern Living's “Reader's Choice Awards.” Gaylord Opryland Nashville is the flagship property of the Gaylord Hotels brand owned by Gaylord Entertainment (NYSE: GET), a leading hospitality and entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn. For more information, visit http://www. gaylordentertainment. com (http://www. gaylordentertainment. com) or http://www. gaylordopryland. com (http://www. gaylordopryland. com).
# # #