Visitors Stay & Celebrate in Lehigh Valley, PA with Spirit of the Season Travel Packages
Lehigh Valley is bringing back its popular Spirit of the Season travel promotion that allows families and couples to take in the sights and sounds of the centrally-located eastern Pennsylvania region.
Lehigh Valley, Pa. (Vocus) November 5, 2008
Staying close to home for the holidays doesn't just make good fiscal sense this year, it's also a great way to discover the holiday attractions and events in your own backyard. With that in mind, Lehigh Valley is bringing back its popular Spirit of the Season travel promotion that allows families and couples to take in the sights and sounds of the centrally-located eastern Pennsylvania region.
Available November 1, 2008 through January 2, 2009, Spirit of the Season is a holiday getaway promotion that features special rates and packages at participating area hotels that can be combined with shopping, dining, historical tours and holiday-related attractions.
- Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Airport - deluxe accommodations for up to four people, hot breakfast buffet, admission to Lights in the Parkway, goody bag with holiday cookies, disposable camera and holiday-themed audio CD. Rates start at $126 per room, per night based on double occupancy.
- Historic Hotel Bethlehem - overnight accommodations, two adult admission tickets for Christkindlmarkt or Historic Bethlehem's Moravian sites, and breakfast for two. Rates start at $199 per person, per night based on double occupancy.
- Holiday Inn Conference Center in Breinigsville - overnight accommodations, breakfast for two, admission for two to Christkindlmarkt, discount coupon booklet for area attractions and welcome gift. Rates start at $119.95 per room, per night based on double occupancy.
- Ramada Inn Allentown/Whitehall - overnight accommodations and a $50 gift card to the Lehigh Valley Mall for holiday shopping. Rates start at $129 per room, per night based on double occupancy.
- Staybridge Suites Allentown Airport - overnight accommodations and two tickets to either Christkindlmarkt or the Gingerbread Festival at The Crayola FACTORY®, breakfast and shuttle rides to downtown Bethlehem. Rates start at $139 per room, per night based on double occupancy.
Special holiday rates include:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem - starting at $89 per room, per night
- Homewood Suites by Hilton - Allentown-Bethlehem Airport - starting at $89 per room, per night
- Quality Inn Allentown - starting at $49.99 per room, per night
All packages and promotional rates are subject to availability and cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. Travelers can log onto www. LehighValleyPA. org and click on the Travel Packages button on the homepage for a list of participating hotels. A complete list of the region's holiday-related events can also be found on the Web site.
The following holiday attractions can be added onto a travel package or overnight stay at a participating hotel for an additional fee:
- Christkindlmarkt, a German-style outdoor holiday marketplace in downtown Bethlehem
- Lights in the Parkway, a drive-thru lights extravaganza in Allentown's Lehigh Parkway
- "Where in the World is the Gingerbread Man?" holiday festival at The Crayola FACTORY® in Easton
- Koziar's Christmas Village in Bernville, a dazzling lights spectacle with more than a half million lights, visits with Santa and shopping
- Horse-drawn carriage rides through the countryside by Ironton Livery and Coach
- Moravian Christmas Concerts at Central Moravian Church in downtown Bethlehem.
Lehigh Valley, Pa. is home to the three cities of Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton. It located one hour north of Philadelphia and less than two hours west of New York City, and is easily reached via Interstates 78 and 476 as well as PA Routes 33, 22, 309 and 222. Its central location in the Mid-Atlantic region is within a 100 mile drive of over 30 million people.
Lehigh Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau is the designated tourist promotion agency of Lehigh and Northampton counties. Its mission is to develop and promote Lehigh Valley as a leisure destination and as a destination for meetings and conventions for the area's economic benefit. For more information on LVCVB or to request a Lehigh Valley Map & Guide, call
(800) 747-0561 or visit the official tourism Web site of Lehigh Valley at www. LehighValleyPA. org.
MEDIA ONLY: To request holiday photos of Lehigh Valley attractions and events, including the city of Bethlehem, please send an e-mail to tracey@LehighValleyPA. org.